Friday, August 7, 2009

Bowling League Rejects


Last Christmas Dave gave the girls each a tin filled with lots of fun activities that they could choose from. So, every month on the day of their birthday, the girls get to choose an activity and decide if they want to do it just with Dad or as a family. The activities are stuff like: Go get ice cream, go to Chuck-E-Cheese, go mini-golfing, bowling, play tennis, etc. So last month Natalie picked bowling and chose to make it a family affair (minus the caboose - Sorry Emmy!)




Eeenie, meenie, minie, moe...

Here's Addie doing her pre-bowling squating excercises..
















Love Addie's fake "this is so heavy" face. Her ball weighed like 5 lbs or something.
Also love the ramp guides for kids and the bumpers...it makes it so fun for them to not get constant gutter balls (not so for yours truly)




























Natalie is actually a pretty good bowler! She used the ramp but was really meticulous about aiming it exactly where she wanted her ball to go. It was pretty funny to watch.




Ash thought the ramp helper was for wussies... she manned up and did it "the hard way"




























Addison was our resident cheerleader all night. She kept telling everyone "good job" and then would give us high fives.

Nat is a Daddy's girl 100%















Look familiar?















Not sure what's up with the Popeye face...but whatevah girlie

Yeah, Dave wishes!


Hmm, I wonder if this size would be too obvious?


















This is what happens when a 3-year old get bored. I'm pretty sure that floor didn't have any germs on it though, it IS a bowling alley after all! Yuck. But I did make sure to lecture her AFTER I snapped a pic.
Ahh, tenderoni...don't worry Emmy, I'll have Aunt Jenn Photoshop you in.
I had to take a picture of the final scores because no one would believe me if I didn't. I should have had Dave take the pic because I'm so short I cut off the top 2 scores, but I fixed the scores afterwards. Here's how the night went down:

  • Ashley was last with a 65 (and proceeded to be mopey because she is SO competitive and a VERY sore loser) in her defense, she did try to bowl w/o the ramp aid...



  • I came in 2nd to last with a 69, and YES, I was actually trying



  • Addison turned in a very respectable 73 considering she has ADD and would wander off most of the time inbetween balls



  • Natalie did awesome with a 101. She used the ramp, but aimed it herself every time



  • Dave beat us all with a crowd pleasing 113. Nothing to brag about, but he won the gold in our sad group. So, if you ever want to feel good about your bowling score, just think of the Hansen's!
    Afterwards we went to Iceberg for the best shakes around. We had to wait about 20 minutes and the girls were going a little stir-crazy, but it's always worth it. They are SO huge I always end up saving about 1/2 in the freezer. Dave doesn't have that problem. He always gives me grief because I get Oreo and he doesn't like it so he won't finish mine. It's funny he hasn't figured out my strategy yet... :)

7 comments:

  1. You are catching up slowly. I like your new page. Those scores look like our scores. We are a sad group too. I think those are too obvious and that's a nasty picture along with your nasty score. You are a nasty girl. I get shakes REnn doesn't like too-so he can't finish mine or eat half of mine. That's good strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go bowling with you guys, I could actually win!
    I like Dave's idea though, that's cute!
    Also, can you imagine the sagging you would get if you really had "girls" that big? You would be tripping over those things. That was my Mom before her reduction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck Nancy, you blog more than anyone I know. I dont check this for a few days and there are like 700 posts!!! But you guys are adorable! I miss you so much!!!!!!!! give love to the girls! and hopefully I can stop by one of these days and see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that is so dang sweet! I love that you guys spend lots of time together. Dave is such a great Dad. The girls love it and will always remember the good memories and quality time spent on them.

    Love Iceberg shakes, they are our faaaaavorite! Worth the wait in the line... You are such a cute fam, love reading your blog! C you soon! yay! girls day up in PC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I forgot, you need to practice up on your bowling skills girl!!! Natalie and Addison B E A T you. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Ashley MY daughter??!! It will take a while for the sore loser thing to pass, but it's a good thing she's so competitive. Love it!
    I think bowling is one of my favorite things to do as a family, and your post shows why. I love you!
    I just did my Ragnar post so read it, and see your cute pics. I need to do a slide show of all the rest of our pictures then get you copies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie I just caught up on your blog, now that I have the right address. Your girls are gorgeous. I also just read Robyn's post about the Wasatch Back, you are awesome, but I already knew that. It was so good to see you tonight, it doesn't seem right when you're not there. Love ya, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete