Friday, August 14, 2009

Small Wonder



It's hard to believe that it's back to school time again...well for Addison anyway. She started school on the 5th of this month and was so excited the whole time I was getting her ready. She's our only kid that went to pre-school at 2 (only because I didn't know about it sooner) so she's an old-pro when it comes to school. I'm just glad this year she's officially potty-trained! It took way longer than it should have, but this kid has a mind of her own and made sure I knew it. Either way, it was a victory for both of us. She's still doing the pull-up thing at night, but I can live with that. BTW, notice that Addie's hand only looks like it's in her pocket...like father like daughter I guess (Al Bundy would be so proud!)





I told her to sit on the step for a picture and she sat in the furthest corner closest to the spiderwebs and creepy crawlies. Goofy kid. I figured she'd just sit in the middle of the step.
Addison wanted to take her Dora backback to school and luckily she had put some Dora books in it that she was able to use for show-and-tell. I barely remembered to put a bra on that morning, so show-and-tell didn't have a chance. I only glanced at the calendar they gave us at orientation, so it's a good thing Addie picked up my slack!
Still smiling...can you tell someone was excited? All of my girls have gone to Small Wonders Pre-school and I love it. This sounds funny, but I love how CLEAN it always smells too. The teachers are so loving, the classes small, they have tiny little potties that the kids love, cute holiday programs, and my kids all learn the basics which is awesome. Personally I also feel that when kids are young they love to learn and preschool helps to instill a general love of learning...while it's still fun...because there's nothing fun about puberty or middle school!


They like the kids to hang up their back-packs and then try to go potty. Addie wanted me to take her and said "only Mommy take me to the potty"...umm, she better get over that in a hurry!
Addison is so lucky to have 2 of her BFF's in her class this year. Sweet little Demi is with her in these 2 pics. Chloe is also going to be in the same class, so I'm sure they will quickly become the 3 amigas...




Mrs. Gaylene is great and we lucked out to get her. I liked her instantly at the orientation and I think that Addison will love her like she did Mrs. LaDawn last year.
Wow, it's hard to believe that for 2 days a week at least it will just be Emmy and me at home. Even if it's only for 2 1/2 hours I'll take it!


It's a little bittersweet that my girls are growing up, but at the same time I am also enjoying the different stages too. I am not overly-emotional by nature, so there were no tears shed, but there is something so sweet about the first day of school...even if it does mean that our summer is almost over :(





You Addie!!

1 comment:

  1. She was such a good smiler. My kids are starting to not pose anymore. Small Wonders did always smell good. That brings back memories. Yay that you have one kid part of the day. Soon you will have no kids part of the day. Thanks for the bra info. TMI for sure.

    ReplyDelete