Monday, July 20, 2009

Potty-training part deuce...

Today I am going to potty-train Addison...again (or still?) This cute pic of Addie going potty was actually taken on January 7th...fast forward 6+ months and wow, Deja Vu!
I don't really know what happened our first go round. I guess I thought it would be easy to potty-train a kid the third time around. It started off SO awesome and she went #1 AND #2 in the potty the VERY first day...and I was so proud of her, so smug with personal satisfaction that my daughter had acheived this awesome milestone in one day, and borderline arrogant that I had this parenting thing nailed. Funny how quickly you can get knocked off your high horse by a 2 1/2 year-old...
Ever since that one day in January, Addie's poop has not come anywhere near that potty again. At first, she loved the cute potty charts her sisters made for her and would get so excited to put stickers on...then she was over stickers and we moved on to candy bribes...I guess my candy sucks around here because she slowly regressed back to pull-ups ALL the time and only goes in public now (I know, she's a weirdo that way). Any time we're out, the kid has to go (FYI, this is not a fun habit at Walmart)

So today I am done. I am done changing disgusting 3 year-old "man poo" (term courtesy of Dave). So far Addie is doing great. She has gone potty 5 or 6 times today...still no sign of the other but I am not going to put another pull-up on her again (except for an night) even if it means chucking undies left and right.


I started our "Potty Party" by going to the Dollar store and loading up on $15 worth of junk (a.k.a. bribes) and wrapped them all up. Addison thought it was Christmas all over again and couldn't wait to open all her gifts. I am hoping that this does the trick because I am so done with 2 kids in diapers (you'd think I was 26 instead of 36!)

Nice wrapping paper huh? Merry Potty-training?
Gotta love Christmas in July!







So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this is it. I am hoping that Addie stops wearing her potty-watch as just a fashion accessory and I REALLY hope that Emmy is not this big of a pain in the butt to train!
Speaking of, I love sleeping babies (who doesn't) and Emmy is such a cute sleeper that I've been stalking her and snapping pics lately. I can't get enough of how cute she sleeps!




6 comments:

  1. Good luck Nancy-I think you've got it in the bag. I still throw away poopy panties all the time. I refuse to wash those suckers out. It's worth wasting the money on them.

    Maybe soon she'll graduate to pooping in gallon ziploc bags (Ginger should be posting soon about Ginny's adventure on our drive home from Oregon)! Intrigued? I knew you would be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck... I am considering going down that road next week. Reese is still little, but she likes to be like her sister's. Hey, I've got an idea... I'll just send Reese over to your place and you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

    Yah, that drive home from Oregon was a funny one. I will forever remember Baker, Oregon as the place where we had 3 kids needing to poop in a matter of 3 minutes. Stay tuned for my next posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wrapping paper is perfect for potty training. It's Christmas all over again for Addie. She will get it. You keep being consistent. That's half the battle. I so don't envy you. I'm so happy I'm far past that stage. It gave me so much anxiety. Just think only one more to go. Emmy will be a piece of cake. I remember that January day and you were telling me she was potty trained. You should have knocked on wood. Can't wait for good eats tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, the more I read or hear Dave's comments, the more he reminds me of Jeremy. Man Poo rules!

    I remember the time when I was 'done' the way you speak of, and like Nat, I don't envy you one bit. But she'll get it, and you'll forget it - we all do!
    Your doin' good cute lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a comment from you on Austin & Val's blog. Your blog is just darling...just like you and your family. Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She needs her pussy licked and bent over butt cheeks spread wide her butthole lubed up.and my massive 9 in 6in wide cock lubed and shoved deep up her anus

    ReplyDelete