Thursday, April 16, 2009

Merry Eastermas?

Our Easter weekend started off Double Dippin' at the South Jordan Easter Egg Hunt and the Riverton Egg Hunt one hour later (hey, we're hispanic what can I say?) Here are the girls with the obligatory Bunny pic...sorry Emmy, we ditched you this year just in case you were wondering where you're at. The weather was cold and rainy on Saturday, but the girls were so cute and excited they didn't care.





Last year Addie looked a little unsure about all the commotion...
















Not the case this year! Addie was a seasoned pro and kept asking me if it was our turn to go yet. She made a pretty good haul!



Easter 2007 - Look how little the girls were!Ashley appears to either be constipated or trying really hard to get to her loot (probably both!)

Easter 2008 - Addie was so little, and oh so innocent back then. I sort of miss that Addie, now she is #1 instigator at our house and is always making Nattie (and sometimes Ashley) cry. She is becoming very familiar with the "time-out" couch but you'd never know it by this picture though...
Easter 2009 - Wow my girls look so grown up! Welcome to the family Emmy! It's hard to believe that Ashley and Natalie are 2 years apart in this pic, they look about the same age! Ashley is all legs and Nattie has a way long torso. Addison appears to be all cheeks and so far, Emmy is all melon. Dave jokes that she looks like a dum-dum sucker with her big noggin and skinny body. Yes, Emmy that's what your dad says and that's why I'm your favorite.
I could say we didn't do Easter dress this year because we were being practical...or I could just fess up that I never got my act together to go look for any. The girls got some new tops and such, but mom was a bit of a slacker this year in that department (and in lots of other areas I don't have room to mention).















Easter morning Eve the girls decided it would be nice to leave the Easter Bunny some carrots and water and also left out all of the Easter baskets and bags they could find in hopes they would be over-flowing with gifts and candy from the EB...??? I am not sure where Dave and I went wrong that our girls have this misconception that Easter is like Christmas part deux. Ashley even asked if we had to go to church on Sunday (she gets that from her pappy). When I asked her why she was asking she replied that they might still be opening presents when it started. Oh silly, silly Ashley you are sorely mistaken.
Easter morning Ashley woke up at 6:30 am, woke up the other kids, and they all came into our room to let us know the EB had arrived! The EB brought them candy, toys, some clothes, and toothpaste (the EB is a practical fellow round these parts) The girls loved all of it and were very gracious, even if the gift opening lasted all of 5 minutes. That is one thing I love about our girls, they are always appreciative of the gifts they are given and I hope they always will be.

It's funny, this year Ashley kept asking me questions about the EB. I tried my best to ignore them, but I have a feeling it is going to become harder to do that. I was talking to some friends about it and we kind of feel the same about the dang EB and how odd the whole thing is. I just hope it's not him (and the mysterious tooth fairy) that spill the jellybeans!!


Grandma Janet sent up Easter bags for the girls. She is so awesome to remember every holiday and make it special. They got candy, work-books and coloring books, a cool sand-art kid, and some "bling". Thanks Grandma Janet - we love you!






Grandma America came over after driving home all day from visiting my little bro and sis-in-law in AZ. That was so nice of her, afer driving all day I just want to veg and relax. She brought the girls some cute Easter baskets filled with goodies like puzzles, books, toys, and more candy. The girls loved her gifts and played with the puzzles most of the night. A visit from Grandma was a perfect way to end the day.


Happy Easter 2009!

3 comments:

  1. That's a cute post. Lisa and I use to double dip all the time and we are not hispanic. I guess we were white trash. I love the old pictures. It really shows how time flies and how much they change. It's kind of sad. Hope your sore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved that Easter post!

    Your girls are so cute...I can't seem to get enough of them. Your family is so beautiful and you are so lucky to have 4 girls. Wait did you hear me? 4 girls! What a blessing, they will love you and take care of you forever. I have just one. one. one. one...BUT we have talked about this many times....! :)

    Fun Easter day, full of EB and 2 egg hunts. Loved Ashley's question about church.... that had me laughing at my computer! What a good day and what cute parents you and DAve are!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good about taking pictures. We just end up with a bunch of blurry photos where everyone is making some strange face. Oh well. I love all of the past pictures, I just want to kiss/squeeze Addie's cheeks. Next time you and Dave go on vaca, drop her off at my house again. Actually, we would take all of your cute kids... we're well equippped for girls around here.

    ReplyDelete