Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break Fun!


I couldn't figure out why Emmy kept having up-the-back blowouts until Dave said "I think she may need bigger diapers". Duh! problem solved. I think having 4 kids home from school all week has made my brain mushy. I can't believe My baby is in size 3's now!











Where does the time go?

The girls were so excited to go eat lunch with Dave during their break. Nattie suggested McDonalds (which Ashley and I call McNasty's) and we were all quick to veto (sorry Nattie!) so we ended up at our new favorite, Rumbi Grill. When Ashley was younger and McDonalds was her very favorite I told her that one day she was going to get sick of it and that I coudn't wait for that day. She informed me that she was NEVER going to get sick of it...I really thought that was true and now just the smell makes her gag. It makes my heart proud...1 kid down, 3 to go.


The girls had so much fun this week with their friends. Ashley had her friend Savana over for an all-day playdate and they made Bendaroo art, played "girl stuff" with their door closed, listened to their Ipod, and suckered me into playing with them on the trampoline. We played Duck, Duck, Goose and the girls thought it was hysterical that I called them silly names like Dorky, Stinky, and Nutjob instead of Duck...talk about an easy audience.
















The girls had a sleepover with their best friend Kathryn, who just happens to be our neighbor as well. They got to stay up "way late" and had fun watching Transformers, eating candy and popcorn, and goofing around until past 11 pm. Ashley is on a quest to see how late she can stay up. I think her record is midnight, which is pretty impressive for a 7-year old! I remember doing that as a kid and being SO excited to try to stay up all night. It's funny, nowadays I get SO excited if I can make it to bed before midnight. The girls started out in the basement thinking they were brave enough to make it the whole night...but I heard them whispering ever so quietly up the stairs before making a run to their bunkbeads!


Addie likes to say that
Cookie Monster
lives in the basement. She will come up screaming
bloody murder when the girls ditch her in the
basement...I'm starting to wonder if the older girls aren't
scared of him too!


I promised the girls we would try to do something fun every day of their break...so we finished off the week by going to see Escape to Witch Mountain and it wasn't nearly as cutesy or innocent as I remember the original version I watched a ton as a kid. This new one has a ton of violence, guns, and shooting (oh my!) It was PG so I figured it was safe. Oh well. I hated it but the girls claim they liked it. My star rating: 1 maybe 1 1/2 stars. Definately more of a boy flick.
To make up for it, we went to see Monsters vs. Aliens on Saturday as a fam and the even though it was just okay, the kids liked it...probably because they shared a bucket of popcorn bigger than all their heads put together!


Even Emmy got into the 3D fun! *

*Too bad that I really don't enjoy the 3D movies. I feel like the glasses are a pain in the butt, they are always dirty and cloudy, Addison won't leave them on, and to add insult to injury the ticket price is like $2 bucks higher than normal. No, I am not a fan.

Even though we would have loved visiting our family in Arizona, we had a fun Sring Break despite the weather not being so "Springy". It was almost sad (almost) to send the girls off to school today after having so much togetherness this week. I won't miss the fighting and the whining, but I will miss my silly girls who are getting so much easier to hang out with...it's amazing how much more I like my kids when they can wipe their own bums. Love you guys!

5 comments:

  1. Nancy- I LOVE your writing style. YOu are so witty and funny. YOu are the BEST mom to your girls. HOw cute you spent soooo much time with them over Spring Break. WE love the movies too...we saw both and my kids loved them..but they are older.

    ....and Emmy is in size 3 diapers??? omg where does the time go!! Your girls are seriously so adorable. Loved seeing all of the pics.... cute post
    (I am so glad you are blogging now..finally! yay)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Its fun to see the Hansen's in the blog world. Now we can catch up from far away! Even if we are only far for another month and a half! We definitely can't wait to be closer to hang with you guys! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, you're hilarious! I'm with you on the bum thing. The day I am through with strollers and diaper bags will be a joyous one.... maybe 1 1/2 years left.
    Thanks for the heads up on the movies, it's Ginny's Bday today and we are trying to decide what to do tonight. She wants mini golf but not in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bum thing was funny. You were so busy and entertaining. What a nice mom. I can't believe your baby is getting so big. Times flies especially when you have three others. Your blog looks awesome. Now I need to fix mine. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree! When they can wipe it themselves you've pretty muched raised them. You're done. They don't need us anymore. And I'm almost there!
    That Emmy needs to come visit me! I can't wait to go to the park and play with a baby!

    I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete