Saturday, May 2, 2009

We've got Spirit, YES WE DO!

So, I had all these grand intentions of "back blogging" and I can't even manage to post in the current week most of the time. Oh well, I've never been accused of being ontime to anything, so I guess this blogging business is just par for the course.
2 weeks ago was Spirit Week at American Heritage, and my girls were eager to participate! They reminded me a 1/2 dozen times and then even started a countdown on Saturday of how many days until Crazy Hair day. So here's how the week went down:
Monday~Crazy Hair Day Need I say more? Some boy yelled "Hey Christmas Head" to Ashley at recess and she thought he was rude. I thought it was kind of funny - they did look like Christmas heads! They were so excited to have colored hair so we went to town.

Tuesday ~ 80's day Does this seem weird to anyone but me? Maybe because that decade (ages 7-17 for me) was one I'd like to forget. UGH. One day I will post pics of me embracing my 80's hispanic-ness. It will be a real treat. The girls actually managed to pull off the 80's look and still look cute (quite an impressive feat). Natalie even won for Best costume in her class. Ashley was a little jelly but it's good for her. Natalie wore her fave Tom and Jerry T-shirt that Grandma Janet gave her (she'd wear it everyday if I'd let her). She still loves the cartoon and prefers the old-school violence riddled episodes as opposed to "Tom and Jerry Tales" the kinder, gentler version. Oh well. Dave and I both loved T & J and look how awesome we turned out!

Wednesday ~Pajama Day Nuff said. Except that I have to add that Natalie could not understand why she couldn't wear the same PJ's to bed that she wanted to wear to school. Dave and I kept telling her that was kind of gross but she just thought we were being so mean. Natalie and personal hygiene don't always go hand in hand. For all I know she's already been labeled the stinky kid at school.

Thursday ~ Foreign Culture Day. By Thursday I wasn't so much feeling the "Spirit" Week anymore so no dress-up...but they are 1/2 Mexican so does that count?

Friday ~ Sports Day Go Jazz! Go Utah! Just kidding. We don't really follow college anything around here, so the Jazz are our favorite by default. Today was also the school Talent Show and Ashley tried out and was chosen to be in it. She played "Riding My Pony" on the piano and since she's known it for awhile, she played it from memory. She did great. I'm so happy for her that she will know how to play an instrument, and if she's lucky sing in tune.
    It was a pretty fun week for the girls and they came home excited everyday to tell me what crazy things kids were wearing at school. I think they especially liked getting to "dress-up" when it wasn't even Halloween.
    On a side note, I think Emmy has discovered her talent for sticking almost her entire foot in her mouth. Mmmmm...tastes like chicken.

6 comments:

  1. Nanc-

    You are seriously supermom! You do the cutest things for your girls. You have the best ideas...can I borrow you sometime? Love the Christmas hair and the 80's outfit!?!

    geez... and then to top it all off, Ashley is so awesome at the piano and will play in front of her entire grade?! love it!

    cute momma you are.......xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun week. Now on to teacher appreciation. Good luck with all the ideas this week. The 80's day was my favorite. Year after year this week gets tiring. I can't wait to see if you are still so energetic about it. By the way I was so sore from Friday. The best class in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I've never seen '80's' day included in spirit week and I LOVE it! Probably because I was a huge fan - but totally think it's sick that it's coming back for real! Like the flourescent shoes....puke!
    What a fun week and what beautiful stinkin' girls you have!

    You're the cutest of all and can I tell you how funny I think you are? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're dedicated! When we have spirit week, I make Taylor scrounge together whatever she can find.
    I'm with Nat on the Ton and Jerry thing... they're the greatest. Also, I'm loving Emmy's rolls. I need to babysit her! (call me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say they did the foreign culture day on crazy hair day. Those were the mexican flag colors. Thanks for making my laugh really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Cinco de Mayo! Thought you'd appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete