Friday, May 29, 2009

Little Girls Night Out



My mom got sneak preview tickets to go see "UP" this last Thursday. It was perfect because Natalie has been talking about seeing this movie for a few months since we saw the trailer. It was really a cute movie as far as cartoons go, and it's one I'd see again. I've been to some real gems (Bee Movie, Space Monkeys, talking chihuahas, etc) so it was nice to see a good one. They were throwing t-shirts into the audience at the movie and we got one. Natalie was SOOO excited about her oversized (size adult M) t-shirt that she wanted to wear it all night and then to bed. I obliged...that was an easy point for me.


Afterwards we went to Joe's Crab Shack and the girls played in the play area before, during, and after dinner. It was fun hanging out with my mom and my girls. It doesn't happen very often but we always have a good time when we do. I haven't always been friends with my mom, but she is a good grandma. She has really made an effort to know my kids and that goes a long way with me. Now that I have my own kids I'm starting to realize that she probably just did the best she knew how while we were growing up. I ended up missing my regular GNO w/friends to hang out with my 3 little amigas and my mom but it was a good trade-off.

Poor child #4 was banished to the house w/her dad once again...here she is looking real broken-hearted about it too.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh sweet, I loved this post!!

    I don't know why but the pic of you with your mom and girls almost had me a little teary eyed. I don't know why, maybe it's all the generation of girls or maybe it's cuz my mom finally comes home in 3 wks and I can't wait to share cool moments like that too! Your mom seems like such a sweet grandma. That is a great pic of all of you...

    and the one with Dave and little Emmy is so adorable. I am so happy you blog now b/c it's great to share all of our "life moments!"

    Missed you at GNO but glad you were having fam time! cya at a pool or a park real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you liked it... there's nothing worse than paying $40 for a crappy movie. I'll have to take my girls.
    P.S. Next time I'll watch Emmy... Reese isn't very babyish anymore. (I'm serious, call me)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing cuter than Big ol' Dave with 4 little girls.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little girls night out sometimes trumps big girls night out. We missed you but those memories are better. You are a good mama and they will love you for that. Was Joes Crab Shack good. I have never been there. Thanks for taking Adri that day. She had a blast. Dave's a good dad to stay home with the baby. The dad's don't always get that job like we do and it's good for them.

    ReplyDelete