Monday, May 25, 2009

ABC's and Kissin' Froggies

Addie's last day of pre-school was on Friday. Next week they have a picnic and then in June sometime her cute teacher has a huge shin-dig for all her students at a park. I heard about this pre-school from my friend Natalie and I have loved everything about it. I especially love the kids only have to be 2 to attend. Addie has such a great foundation now, this year she learned her ABC's, counting to 20, colors, shapes, singing, social interaction, and how to potty train...yeah right. That is just wishful thinking of my part. The potty training issue is a separate post in itself.

LaDawn is the sweetest teacher I've ever met. She's been doing this for years and the kids LOVE her. She is totally a grandma but still strict and fun with the kids.
Here is a picture of Addie on the first day of school. Don't look to close because Addie is wearing the same outfit she wore on the last day...kinda funny huh?...or maybe kinda sad?
This was taken the first day of school when the kids were getting to know everyone. Addison only cried the first or second time at school when I left. After about 2 or 3 times she was a pro and would just wave and say goodbye. I love that.

This was the kids at their Halloween party. Addie is standing next to Abby, her BFF at school. Isn't she so cute? Abby and Addison do everything together. They have to put their shoes and school bag next to each other, and when they get drinks or wash hands, they have to go together. It's pretty funny to watch. This party was really cute, we made popcorn, played games, read Halloween stories, and decorated pumpkin cookies.
There is a funny garden statue of two kissing frogs at the entrance of the school. Addison likes to touch the "foggies" every time right before we walk into school. She is such a creature of habit it cracks me up.
Afterwards in celebration of Addie's "graduation" from pre-school to 2 more years of pre-school, I let her pick where she wanted to go to lunch...so of course we ended up at McDonalds (aka McNasty's). What is it with kids and McDonalds? So here are the kids enjoying the deep-fried McCuisine.
Emmy sampling her first french fry..."yum, this is better than the green stuff mom feeds me"


Here is Addie dipping her mystery meat in caramel...it makes a mother proud.




5 comments:

  1. What a fun preschool!!! Is that a room she built at the back of her house?? It is totally adorable with the red paint and all. The inside looks like a real school. And really she takes 2 year olds?! Wow she must be a great teacher...and patient.

    Addie looks so cute in her pics! She's looking at you in her ring around the posies shot...how sweet is that. You deck your girls out in the clothing dept...how about this- I help you deco and you help me shop for my kids? yay! deal.

    ..and by the way, what are you painting?? When I hear that word it get's me ALL excited!!
    ..and that is EMmy trying her first fry not Addie right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. One fry down, 1,000,000 more to go! The french fry is an amazing thing. One of those things you despise for nutritional value yet love for the sweet heavenly taste. I hope you never give up french fries along with diet coke or we will have to give you happy pills because you'll be so sad!:)
    I think you are so great for saying goodbye to your dc friend. I sometimes wish I could, and then it goes away!

    That school looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, give me the name of your preschool, I gots to get my Addie out of the house STAT! Kidding, but really, Ginger told me you took your girls to a preschool that takes them early. Addie is on a waiting list to start at Aunt Sandy's for January 2010. Are you kiddin' me? I'd love to start her sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had cute pictures of that school. Miss LaDawn was a important part in Adri's life last year. She is truly amazing and funny too. Addie is so cute with those frogs. Now she will always remember the school and frogs. Aren't you glad you started blogging. The only thing is that she will always remember McDonalds too. I can't wait to see your paint. Good job girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paint looks great!!! I love it. I need to paint, but I'm too scared. I have painted the 3 girls' rooms, but that's it. I hate painting walls that are still pretty new. I may start with our bedroom and see how that turns out.
    I wish I could put Reese in preschool this year, but she's a September baby so we have another year.

    ReplyDelete