Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seeing RED!!

After 8 years of looking at vanilla walls in my kitchen...we finally decided to paint! I read once that there is a shade of red for everyone. I agree, and I since I couldn't find a swatch called "cranberry/poppyish red" I settled for "Red Rock" and I absolutely love it. It makes me SO happy to look at my red walls and I can't believe I was SO chicken to do it sooner. We painted our office red not long after we moved in and it was a nightmare. I think I had painter's remorse for all these years because that room haunted me so bad. The paint was so thick you could literally peel it off....but now I'm over it because I love, love, LOVE my red kitchen. Dave knows how sometimes it takes me forever to make a decision, so he wouldn't give me his opinion one way or another on the paint color (scary!) so I had to choose and he just kept saying "I think you'll do a great job"...talk about pressure! Anyway, he loves it too and I am so relieved!



It was kind of a pain in the butt painting with 4 kids around...I really don't recommend doing that...or maybe I just don't recommend having 4 kids (kidding!..sort of). We let the kids "help" and in the process they all managed to get paint on their clothes and bodies(Addison still has some on her arm that she won't let me scrub off) but at least they felt cool that they contributed. Dave is so good and patient with the kids and was trying to teach them how to do it right. He is such a good Dad and my girls (and ME!) are so lucky to have him. He really balances out all the estrogen overload around here. We were feeling a little ambitious after doing the kitchen that we decided to do the living room as well. That room still needs touching up on trim/ceiling, and it's still torn apart, but here is a sneak peek at the color. It's called "Safari Tan" and so far I'm really loving that room too. I think now I love anything that's not WHITE!

My next project is my entryway and downstairs wall that now looks completely boring. I am so excited to keep going, I've totally caught the painting bug! Sorry Tawny, I know exactly what you mean now and I hope you can convince the hubby to let you paint soon!
But...one project at a time. For now I have to finish both these rooms completely, but I'm not loving the touching-up part so much...so I think I will stay on my computer a little longer...

5 comments:

  1. WOW! looks great! I love the red! You inspired me to do Avery's room and I am so glad I did. I was tired after only one room, two rooms, you'er good! I will send you pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the red walls. My mom's room is red and my Grandma thinks it's inappropriate. That's funny. It's not a brothel Grandma.

    A paint color gives you a completely new room. We painted Addison's room green ("asparagus", but it's more like an apple green), and my bathroom is called SWIM, it's a bright turquoise. I love it. The rest of our house is that same color as Angie's & Ginger's walls. But I've already got the bug to paint the kitchen a diff. color and also the new baby's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I L O V E love it love it love it! Seriously it is so beautiful! Way to snazz it up. I also love your deco's, your house is beautiful!

    Now if i could only do mine. ahhhh so jealous of you!! and I don't believe you about your house anymore...your awesome.

    It was fun at the park today, have fun at the movie tomorrow, we will miss you.

    again, good job my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy way to go!! Seriously you have been wanting to paint for years .... honestly it was worth the wait, you over thought it long enough to make sure it looks perfect!!!

    The RED looks fantastic, I love that you did the entire room too, remember when we talked about just a feature wall? It looks like it is so warm and cozy now!! Great job can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red too. I was afraid to see it. You did awesome. I love the color in the living room. That is my color.

    I can't believe you finally did it. I didn't think you would ever do it because you told me before this was the weekend and it wasn't. Good job. I hope to see it in person soon. Miss ya at dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete